Hello, I’m Keely Lush. I am a writer. I want my readers to be informed of updates and new releases. Beyond that, I have no interest in your personal data except for the purpose of keeping an email list.
I do not sell anything directly through my website. All buy links are redirected to merchants sites (e.g. Amazon), where your personal data is subject to their privacy policies. Also, I am an Affiliate of Amazon, so most links to products on my website are affiliate links.
My newsletter / mailing list uses Mailchimp as its platform; they’re opt-in and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Below are more in-depth explanations regarding my online information practices. Your data protection and privacy are important to me, so please read on.
Data Collection & Usage
What data do I collect from you?
I collect the following personal information:
- name (optional)
- email address
How do I collect your personal data?
I collect your personal information via the following forms:
- contact form (supported by WordPress.com)
- subscription form (supported by Mailchimp)
How do I store your personal data?
The personal information I collect is stored on the following data servers:
- MailChimp – This is my system for distributing blog updates and an electronic newsletter. Mailchimp requires a double opt-in. That means that after a subscriber signs up, they have to confirm their opt-in via email. And in compliancy with the General Data Protection Regulation, European residents must consent to being added to my email list. MailChimp’s servers are based in the US but are registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield.
How do I use your personal data?
I use the personal information I collect as follows:
- to contact you in response to your inquiry or comments
- to give you immediate access to content published on my blog
- to give you access to information only available in my electronic newsletter (e.g. discounts)
I will never use this data for marketing or promotion purposes without getting your permission in writing first (for example, to publish your testimonial for me on my website).
With whom is your personal data shared?
Absolutely no one. I will never lease, distribute or sell your information to third parties unless I am required to do so by law.
How long do I keep your personal data?
You can unsubscribe at any time through MailChimp, or contact me directly at email@example.com and I will do it for you.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables my website to identify your computer as you view different pages on my website. Cookies do not provide me with access to your computer or any information about you other than than which you elect to share with me.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website includes links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
If you have any questions or would like to request the modification or removal of your data, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: October 20, 2019